Do you want to know that How to transfer files from one laptop to another wirelessly? If yes, then here you would get the full process step by step.
Sometimes we need to transfer data such as documents, photos, files, songs, videos/movies, etc. from one computer/laptop the another. But for this process, we need an Ethernet cable (LAN Cabe) to share data from one computer to another.
So, in such a situation, you need to purchase a LAN (Local Area Network) Cable. But as you know that, nowadays almost every type of technological works are being done wirelessly.
So, you don`t need to purchase any type of cable for data sharing between two laptops or computers. You can just do it with the help of some software wirelessly.
You will know that How to transfer files from one laptop to another wirelessly without any cable? in this article.
3 ways to transfer data from one laptop to another without cable
We are sharing 3 methods through which you would be able to do data transmission between two laptops. Following are the three methods:-
- Through the Anydesk Software
- By the Ease us Software
- Through the Send Anywhere
1. How to transfer files from one laptop to another wirelessly through Anydesk Software?
Anydesk is one of the most amazing software through which many types of works are done between two computers. By the way, this software is much popular to mirror the screen from one laptop to another.
But as much it is easy & fast to cast a laptop screen that much, it is easy & fast to transfer files from one computer to the other. One of the interesting things is about this software is that it doesn`t matter the distance to cast or transfer files.
There is also one of the most amazing & important uses of this software is that you can control other laptops.
#1. Install Anydesk Software in both Laptops/Computers
To use Anydesk Software, you need to download it. So, follow the following steps to download & install any desk software for data transferring in both laptop:-
- Open any browser and visit the anydesk.com website.
- Click the “Download Now” button as you can see in the below screenshot.
- As you click the Download Button, the software will starts downloading automatically.
- Open your download folder and Right-click the file which has downloaded.
- Click to Run as administrator.
- Now, the Anydesk application will be open.
#2. Connect two laptops or Desktops system through Anydesk Software
Note:- This Anydesk software provides the function of transferring files between two laptops after casting the screen. So, when you will connect then the screen will start mirroring then you can do drag and drop.
Follow the steps which are given below to connect both laptops for sharing files:-
- Open the Anydesk Software in both Computers or laptops.
- To connect both devices, you have to connect through the 9 digit code of any desk. When you will open any desk software then you will get an address means 9 digit code in both laptops of any desk software. So, enter the 9 digit code in a laptop on that laptop from you want to transfer files to the other laptop. (you have to enter code from other laptops in which you want to receive the file)
- Click to arrow button for connecting and wait for some time.
- One pop-up notification will go to other laptops in which you want to receive files. So, just click to accept.
- Now, the screen of other laptops in which you want to receive that will show on a laptop from which you want to transfer.
#3. Transfer files or data to the other laptop
As both laptops connected successfully, then you would be able to control other laptops under any desk software as you can see in the below image.
Follow the following steps to share data from one laptop to another laptop:-
- Minimize any desk application to stay running in the background.
- Select and copy the files from your computer which you want to transfer.
- Open the Any desk software and go to the location of other laptops from any desk software through the mirroring screen.
- Right-click and copy. Now, the file would be transferred completely to your other laptop.
So, this is the complete process of transferring files between two laptops using any desk software.
2. How to transfer data from one laptop to another wirelessly using Send Anywhere Software?
Send anywhere is software that allows you to send and receive files or any type of data from one laptop to another. Firstly, you will need to install this software, then you can send files to the other laptop. So, let`s know step by step.
#1. Install Send Anywhere Software on both laptop/desktop
Follow the following steps which are given below to download and install Send Anywhere software on both devices:-
- Visit the send-anywhere.com website from the laptop of any browser.
- Click to Download button which is available on the Menu Navigation bar.
- Scroll down and select the operating system of your devices under the desktop section. Most of the user uses windows, so select the bit 32 or 64 bit.
- As you select that, Send anywhere application would start downloading automatically.
- Open the file where you have downloaded it and Right-click it.
- Click to Run as administrator.
- again, click on the Next option.
- Click to install the option.
- Wait for a minute to complete the installation process. After installation, click to Finish button. Now, Send anywhere application has been installed.
#2. Share Data between two computers using Send Anywhere software
- Open the Send Anywhere software on both computers.
- Click on the “+” icon as you can see in the below screenshot.
- select the files or data which you want to send to the other computers.
- Click to open the option.
- AS you click open, the selected files would upload on the send anywhere server and after a few seconds, it will give 6 digits of code.
- So, open the Send anywhere software on the other computer in which you want to receive that selected data.
- Enter that 6 digit code and click to enter option as you can see in the below screenshot.
- Now, you will see the filename which you will receive. So, click to the download icon as you can see in the below pictures.
- As you click that download icon, the file would be downloaded to your download folder of windows laptop.
FAQ on How to transfer files from one laptop to another wirelessly
Can I connect 2 laptops together to transfer files?
Yes, you can connect 2 laptops together to transfer various files and data. There are many methods to share your files between two laptops such as by using wired cable and wireless by software also. On this page, we have shared to transfer file wireless using some software. By installing software on both laptops and connecting it, you can transfer wirelessly.
What is the fastest way to transfer data between two laptops?
The fastest way to transfer data between two laptops is by connecting both laptops to the same wifi network. The first time, it takes time to connect both laptops but if the speed of wifi is fast then data also transfers very fast. According to the wifi speed, data transfer speeds depend. But if you want to transfer wirelessly, then Anydesk software allows transferring fast data.
How can I share files between two laptops without Internet?
You can use an Ethernet cable to share files between two laptops without internet.
Can you use a USB cable to transfer data from one computer to another?
Yes, you can use USB cable to transfer data from one computer to another easily.
Finally, I hope that you would have got a better idea about how you can transfer files from one laptop to the other wirelessly without wire.
I would like to say that you should follow the first method that is through any desk software. Because there are many advantages of using Anydesk software.
With the help of only one software only, you can transfer files and can control the other computer.
If you have any query then make sure to comment. The reply to your query will be tried to provide as soon as possible.